Healthy Pumpkin Bread
Healthy pumpkin bread is a healthy diet habit every now and again, especially when the leaves are beginning to turn. It's a great lifestyle solution to modify your favorite recipes and lighten them to reduce the calories. The easiest way to do this is to reduce the fat, but these products often turn out rubbery.
This pumpkin recipe has a great texture for a lower fat recipe! I substituted whole wheat pastry flour for the white flour too. It was quickly demolished in my family! Enjoy and experiment with pumpkin, rather than just denying yourself of foods that you love!
Ingredients in Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup orange juice or water
- 3 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
Directions for Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, applesauce, and eggs. Add the pumpkin and orange juice and stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients until they are blended, but don't over mix.
- Place the batter in two greased bread pans. Cook for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove and finish cooling on a rack.
*This recipe would be great with 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup chopped walnuts too!
Facebook - Like This Page?
Facebook - Like This Site?