Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are one of the best dessert recipes for the winter months. They go well with fall weather when you want a small treat. I prefer baking a pan of them, rather than cookies, because I am satisfied with a small piece. Cookies call my name and I end up overindulging! I am bringing these to share with at a Young Life Capernaum movie night where I will have no leftovers at home.
Healthy Diet Habits are finding a way of keeping an occasional treat in your
diet rather than always denying yourself.
Ingredients for Crust
- 2 cups digestive wheat biscuits or graham cracker crumbs
(chocolate, cinnamon or plain)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter softened
Ingredients for Topping
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (low-fat will work but not
- ½ cup Greek plain yogurt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (15) oz. can 100 % pure pumpkin
- 2 T flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 organic free range eggs
Directions for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed cracker crumbs (I love
the digestive biscuits best), sugar, and softened butter. Press into the bottom
of a 9 by 13 pan that is sprayed with oil. Stick into the refrigerator while
you make the topping.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt and sugar until they
are smooth. Bean in the pumpkin, flour, spice, and vanilla. Add the eggs and
beat until they are combined.
- Pour the crust over the crumbs and evenly spread it out.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes until the center is
almost set. Cool on a rack and then refrigerate.
- Cut before serving into 20 bars.
cheese cake bars are rich and a small piece goes a long way, especially if you
top them with whipped cream. These are simple and quick and always loved!
Organic eggs, rBST free butter, yogurt, and cream cheese allow you to keep
sweets in your healthy recipes file!