Pumpkin chili is a new twist for those cooler fall evenings. The pumpkin puree thickens up the chili and gives it a nice flavor. It's a healthy diet habit that will allow you to add in more fruit to your diet, in a stealthy healthy way! Yes, it is technically a fruit. Check Pumpkin Tips for more ideas!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chili
- 1 chopped red or yellow pepper
- A few cloves of minced garlic to taste
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans (drained)
- 2 cans red beans or garbanzo beans or corn (drained)
- 1 can green chilies or jalapenos
- Large bunch of finely chopped cilantro
Directions for Pumpkin Chili :
Add the oil to a skillet and sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic, over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the turkey and cook it until it is nicely browned.
- Mix in the tomatoes, puree, beans, chilies, and spices.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the veggies are done. Serve with your favorite toppings!
Topping Ideas for Pumpkin Chili:
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- A sprinkle or two of crushed red pepper if you like heat!
Pair this chili recipe with a slice of Artisan bread and a green salad for a healthy meal!
Facebook - Like This Page?
Facebook - Like This Site?