Broccoli Slaw Salad
Broccoli Slaw Salad is a quick and easy salad recipe that is delicious. Good
enough for company, or just a healthy dinner salad or a lunch meal! Fresh
salad meals can greatly help you to keep your calories under control.
They are high in fiber to keep you full until the next meal so a great lifestyle solution for weight loss!
Ingredients in Broccoli Slaw:
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh broccoli slaw
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (halved)
- 1 diced red or green apple (red looks better)
- 2 oranges (peeled, sectioned, diced) or you can use 2 cans of mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup light poppy seed dressing or creamy sweet dressing that
you love (Buy good quality dressings for better taste or make your own)
- Toasted chopped pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds (Optional)
Directions for Broccoli Slaw:
- Prepare fruits and place them in a large bowl with the slaw.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
with the toasted nuts of your choice. I use nuts when the salad is my
meal for the protein. The walnuts and pecans taste great untoasted when
you are in a hurry!
This is a simple salad recipe that will help you to add more fruit and vegetables to your diet, which is a healthy diet habit for weight control! Healthy Eating is all about adding real foods to your diet and replacing processed foods whenever possible. You will not feel cheated at all! This is a go to quick healthy lunch.
You can use creativity and add whatever fresh fruits that you have on
hand. The sign of a great chef is when you start changing up the recipe!
Go for it!
Facebook - Like This Page?
Facebook - Like This Site?