Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
This chicken and zucchini stir fry is one of my go to meal choices when my refrigerator is full of produce. With so many fresh vegetables, stir fries offer an endless variety of healthy recipes to prepare. This was one of my better combinations.
The key to success is leaving your vegetables crunchy. You can do this by cooking each of your additions separately to perfection! Purchasing organic chicken and seasonal vegetables might seem pricey, but it’s a healthy diet habit that you should adopt when you can! This meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and Serves 4!
Ingredients in Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
- 2 Organic Chicken breasts chopped (1/2 to 1 pound)
- 1 large zucchini sliced or 3 medium (cut in half and slice
in 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 to 3 small yellow squash
- 2 large green peppers sliced
- 1 entire bunch of celery sliced
- 1/4 cup of prepared garlic
- 1 6 oz bag of spinach or cabbage coarsely chopped
- 1 large bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce or your favorite sauce
Directions for Chicken and Zucchini Stir Fry
- Stir fry the chicken and garlic in oil until golden brown
and remove from pan.( I use a 16 inch electric stainless steel skillet and cook
- Stir fry the onions until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Stir fry the zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, spinach, and celery until still crisp
tender. Add 1/4 cup of water so the vegetables will not stick.
- Return the chicken and onions to the pan and heat through.
- Top with chopped
- Serve with pita bread or brown rice.
Healthy recipes allow you to really ramp up the seasonal
variety of vegetables that you consume. If I am unsure what to do with a
certain vegetable, it simply goes into the next stir fry recipe. We have had
some wild combos, but after a while you learn what will go with what, and how
long specific vegetables take to cook. The one thing you don’t want to do is
overcook your vegetables. Crisp tender is tasty, but mushy is not!
*Vegan / Vegetarian option - Delete Chicken and add protein source of
your choice, either tofu or________________ and top with toasted slivered
almonds or sunflower seeds.